• Guest posts:
– “How to Write a Good Sex Scene” for Medium.
– an excerpt of In the Red at Nerve.com.
– guest post on my workspace for my publisher’s blog.
– on fairy tales that don’t end in “happily ever after” for The Huffington Post.
– in which I cast Vladimir Putin in my movie for My Book, the Movie.
– In the Red takes the Page 69 Test.
– on the origins of In the Red for 1st Books.
– my column for BookPage on the origins of 13, rue Thérèse.
– on 1st Books: Stories of How Writers Get Started
– on Indie Reader Houston about the structure of 13 rue Thérèse.
– Interview with Linus’s Blanket (January 2015)
– First interview for In the Red with My Bookish ways--great questions about the genesis of my stories. (October 2014)
– I love this interview I did with Fiction Writers Review! They asked the best questions. (April 2011)
– Q & A with Publishers Weekly (December 2010)
– my radio interview with Denny Smithson for KPFA’s Cover to Cover (February 2011)
– an interview with me on an Italian book blog (scroll down for the interview in English, March 2011)
– interview with Sacramento’s Stories on Stage (July 2011)
– way fun Q & A with Liquake! (April 2012)
• Reviews for In the Red:
– In the Red in the Wall Street Journal‘s “12 Months of Reading.” (December 2014)
– featured in “A Year in Reading” for The Millions. (December 2014)
– lovely review in the Minneapolis Star/Tribune (November 2014)
– nod in the San Jose Mercury News (November 2014)
• Reviews for 13 rue Thérèse:
– Nods in periodicals: Los Angeles Times (February 2011), USA Today (March 2011), the San Francisco Chronicle (February 2011), Star Tribune (April 2011), Pacific Northwest Inlander (March 2011), Seacoast Online (March 2011), Library Journal (November 2010, scroll to find me).
– In selected blogs: The Book Bench (The New Yorker blog, January 2011), MostlyFiction (March 2011), Indie Reader Houston (February 2011).
– The most fantabulous review in the history of ever, from Simon Schama at The Financial Times (March 2011)
– Other lovely write-ups at: the Daily Mail (April 2011), the Spectator (July 2011), the Beverley Guardian (August 2011)
– wonderful reviews on Australian book blogs Booktopia, and M/C Reviews.
– Easy Mix 98.2 FM, a radio station in New Zealand, thinks I am awesome.
– Nods in Italian Elle, and South Africa’s IOL.
– Didn’t know where to categorize this awesome write-up in Belletrista, a great international web magazine on women’s writing from around the world. Check them out!
• Other cool stuff:
– short piece “December 25, 1989” nominated for a Pushcart Prize by Quiet Lightning, December 2014.
– 13, rue Thérèse nominated for the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, November 2012.
– 13 rue Thérèse nominated for the Guardian’s First Book Award, summer 2011.
– January 2011 article for Shelf Awareness about bringing the artifacts to life in 13 rue Thérèse, including a chat about the website with Amanda Tobier.
(What’s that you say? Was there also some kind of write-up in the New York Times Book Review? Maybe. But we will not discuss it. Under penalty of torture.)
At least, I continue to be beloved by the luminaries of our age.*
* Not really. Please nobody sue me.